Info about promoting your Michigan agritainment operation
When you decide to open your farm to visitors as an agritainment operation, you want visitors to find you. For information about promoting your agri-tourism business in Michigan visit:
- Michigan State University – http://msue.anr.msu.edu/topic/info/agriculture
Michigan Agritourism Associations
- Michigan Agri-Tourism Association (MATA) – http://www.michiganfarmfun.com
- Michigan Apple Growers – http://www.michiganapples.com/
- Michigan Christmas Trees – http://www.mcta.org/
Michigan county convention and visitors bureaus, commissions, tourism offices and regional associations may also list your agritourism operation:
- Pure Michigan – all Michigan counties
- Southwestern Michigan Tourism Council
- Western Upper Peninsula CVB
- Allegan County Tourist & Recreation Council
- Alpena Convention & Visitor’s Bureau
- Baraga County CVB
- Barry County Tourism Council
- Battle Creek/Calhoun County CVB
- Bay Area CVB
- Benzie County Area CVB
- Branch County Tourism Bureau
- Cadillac Area Visitors Bureau
- Charlevoix Area CVB
- Cheboygan Area Tourist Bureau
- Clare County CVB
- Flint Area CVB
- Gaylord Area CVB
- Grand Rapids/Kent County CVB
- Greater Big Rapids CVB
- Houghton Lake Area Tourism Bureau
- Huron County Visitors Bureau
- Iron County Tourism Council
- Jackson County CVB
- Kalamazoo County CVB
- Keweenaw CVB
- Lenawee Conference & Visitors Bureau
- Livingston County CVB
- Manistee County VIsitors Bureau
- Manistique Tourism Council
- Marquette Country
- Midland County CVB
- Monroe County CVB
- Muskegon County CVB
- Newaygo County CVB
- Presque Isle County
- River Country Tourism Council of Greater St. Joseph
- Sanilac Tourism Association
- Shiawassee County CVB
- Tourism Association of Dickinson County Area
- Wayne County Tourism
University of Illinois Extension
Agritourism operations in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Wisconsin can be added to U of I’s online directory. Click the category below that matches your farm and fill in the requested information. Submissions will be reviewed by staff. The site lets visitors print your agritourism listing so you’re easy to find.
- Strawberry Farm – you can list all products: u-pick, pre-pick, other
- Pumpkin Farm – you can list all products…pick your own, roadside, market, wholesale, other
- Apple Orchards – you can list all products…pick your own, roadside, market, wholesale, other
- List the products available
- Open Dates/Times
- Notes – Remember to add the activities you offer
Spend some time on the Internet and see if potential visitors can find you. If they can’t find your farm, visitors won’t be able to enjoy the day with you.
- Many cities throughout Michigan also have visitors bureaus that may offer online listings or downloadable activity guides.
- Local Chambers of Commerce provide another way to promote your agritourism operation.
- Connecting on social media lets visitors know when your agritourism business is open for their enjoyment.
- In addition to these options, you may choose to list your farm in commercial agritainment listing websites. Many directory sites offer free listings, while some are paid. Free sites often have click-based advertising or sponsor advertising to help defray the expense of maintenance and provide income to the web developer. Be sure to take the time to contact the web owner to see if you’re a good fit.
When you need a quote for your Michigan agritourism operation, please call or email Kevin Morency.
If you prefer, you can complete agritainment insurance questionnaire.
It’s easy to get started on your quote.
Our online questionnaire works great on smart phones, tablets, desktops and laptops.
Just click to get started…
To receive your quote…
- Complete the questions
- Preview your answers
- Click “Submit” when you’re done.
- You’ll get a “Thank you” screen to tell you we received it.
We appreciate the opportunity to become your insurance advisor.
Note: This web page is designed to only supply general information for your use. While the information on this page is accurate to the best of our knowledge, we do not guarantee the accuracy, usefulness or completeness of any resources, product information or process accessed through this site and are not responsible for any errors or omissions this information may cause. It is your responsibility to check that any information is accurate before using it.